Galaxy Grand is a new lineup of mid-range Android smartphones from Samsung. The aim here is to make available phones with very large screens at an affordable price. It comes with a 5-inch screen but the rest of the specs are pretty middle class, which is also why the phone is price relatively low making it a great option for big screen lovers with shallow pockets. We recently covered a guide on how you can update this phone to Android 4.1.2. Another firmware is available on Kies for download. Alternatively you can follow the guide below to update Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 to XXAMC7 Android 4.1.2.
XXAMC7 Firmware Details
- PDA: I9082XXAMC7
- CSC: I9082OXEAMB1
- Version: 4.1.2
Before proceeding make sure all your important data is backed up, all necessary drivers are installed and your phone is fully charged. To update Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 to XXAMC7 Android 4.1.2 you do not need ClockworkMod recovery. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download the firmware and extract it.
- Download ODIN
- Reboot your phone into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press power again to enter download mode.
- Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the phone.
- Select the files downloaded in step 1.
- Click the PDA button. Select the file with CODE in its name
- Click the Phone button and select the file with MODEM in its name
- Click on the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if this file doesn’t exist
- Select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN and repartition only if PIT file was selected.
- Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot. To confirm update Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 to XXAMC7 Android 4.1.2 simply check the settings > about.