Another update is now available for owners of Galaxy S3 on Kies. If for some reason you’re unable to download it from there you can follow the guide below. Please note that the guide below is to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to XXUFME7 Android 4.2.2 official firmware. Do not try this with the i9305 version as you may end up bricking the phone. You can confirm what version you have by checking the phone settings.
XXUFME7 Firmware Details
- PDA: I9300XXUFME7
- CSC: I9300OXAFME7
- Version: 4.2.2
- Date: June, 2013
Before proceeding make sure all your important data is backed up, all necessary drivers are installed and your phone is fully charged. To Update Galaxy S3 i9300 to XXUFME7 Android 4.2.2 you do not need ClockworkMod recovery. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download the firmware and extract it.
- Download ODIN
- Reboot your phone into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press power again to enter download mode.
- Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the phone.
- Select the files downloaded in step 1.
- Click the PDA button. Select the file with CODE in its name
- Click the Phone button and select the file with MODEM in its name
- Click on the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if this file doesn’t exist
- Select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN and repartition only if PIT file was selected.
- Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot. To confirm Update Galaxy S3 i9300 to XXUFME7 Android 4.2.2 simply check the settings > about.