With so many phones in Samsung’s Android lineup it’s easy to forget when a new release slips by you. Though Galaxy S Advance isn’t exactly new, it’s a relatively unknown, yet important member of the Galaxy S lineup. What Samsung has done with this phone is taken the design of the original Galaxy S and updated the hardware. By keeping price low they’ve turned Galaxy S into a compelling offer for those who don’t want to empty their pockets. If you happened to pick up one of these bad boys then follow the guide below to update Galaxy S Advance i9070 to XXLQG Android 4.1.2 firmware.
XXLQG Firmware Details
- Country: Italy
- Version: Android 4.1.2
- Changelist: 1238958
- Build date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:55:12 +0000
- Product Code: ITV
- PDA: I9070XXLQG
- CSC: I9070ITVLQ3
- MODEM: I9070XXLQG
Before proceeding make sure all your important data is backed up, all necessary drivers are installed and your phone is fully charged. To update Galaxy S Advance i9070 to XXLQG Android 4.1.2 you do not need ClockworkMod recovery. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download the firmware and extract it.
- Download ODIN
- Reboot your phone into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press power again to enter download mode.
- Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the phone.
- Select the files downloaded in step 1.
- Click the PDA button. Select the file with CODE in its name
- Click the Phone button and select the file with MODEM in its name
- Click on the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if this file doesn’t exist
- Select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN and repartition only if PIT file was selected.
- Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot. To confirm update Galaxy S Advance i9070 to XXLQG Android 4.1.2 simply check the settings > about.