A new firmware for the phone Galaxy S4 has made its way onto the Kies software. You can choose to update your phone automatically if you get a notification. Alternatively you can follow the guide below to update it manually. This is incase for some reason the OTA update isn’t working. Follow the guide below to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3 official firmware.
XXUEMJ5 Firmware Details
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Version: Android 4.3
- Changelist: 1875800
- Build date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:03:02 +0000
- Product Code: XSG
- PDA: I9500XXUEMJ5
- CSC: I9500OJVEMJ5
- MODEM: I9500XXUEMJ5
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3
- Download the firmware and extract it.
- Download ODIN
- Reboot your phone into download mode. Do this by first switching off the phone, then pressing and holding the volume down + home button together and then pressing the power button. Press power again to enter download mode.
- Open ODIN on your computer. You’ll see the ID:COM box turning yellow with a COM port number upon successful connection with the phone.
- Select the files downloaded in step 1.
- Click the PDA button. Select the file with CODE in its name
- Click the Phone button and select the file with MODEM in its name
- Click on the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if this file doesn’t exist
- Select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN and repartition only if PIT file was selected.
- Click on the start button. When the process is completed your phone will reboot. To confirm update Galaxy S4 i9500 to XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3 official firmware simply check the settings > about.